Sunday, July 16, 2017

Saturday 17-07-15 Shopping In Brighton

TW woke up yesterday morning and didn't fancy going to Worthing Sevens, so she suggested a day out in Brighton. I responded that I'd rather stick pins in my eyes, but she checked with the girls and they were all up for it, so I could see my escape tunnel of opportunity slowly being walled up in front of me. Then she offered me a glimmer of hope; she said that of course I could stay at home, but she would expect me to tidy the house (no problems there) and put on a couple of loads of washing (simples) and cook dinner - whut!?! And then she extended the carrot - if I came to Brighton, I could sit in the pub and have a beer while they shopped. 

I was a Sure Thing. 

So, we hit the train station, TW got to flex her Friends And Family rail discount card, and we were on our way to Brighton. First stop: Primark! 

Yeah, well that ruined me basically. I did get a £2 t-shirt, which I have yet to try on, but I'm sure it will be lovely. Then we headed to Churchill Square and I diverted into the Prince of Wales and had my first pint. I only had enough for one pint there, so I migrated over to the Western Front at the other side of Churchill Square, via the ATM, for another. 

From there, it was a gentle walk back through the Laines to the station, via Dave's Comics, and a quick visit to M&S Simply Food yielded a couple of marked down sandwiches and a beer for the train journey home. 

It wasn't as stressful as I was expecting, but that's probably because I spent most of it in the pub. I did get to see the new Oneplus 5 as well, which made me think...

No comments:

Post a Comment