Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Alternative Vote System

If this is the best the No2AV campaign can come up with:

http://playpolitical.typepad.com/all_sorts/2011/04/rik-mayall-stars-as-alan-bstard-in-first-no2av-referendum-broadcast-.html

Then I think it'll be a 'yes' from me.

The most persuasive argument I've heard so far is that fringe parties will accumulate votes. But I have yet to see figures showing an actual incident where that would have occurred under AV. If someone can show me such figures, I'll reconsider.
My view is that the more we can express a view at the polls, the better.
If there are marginal seats under AV, it'll make the politicians work harder with the public. I know they work hard any way, but they'll have to play up their accountability to the electorate.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment