Monday, April 18, 2011

Samsung Tab - Borked

Unfortunately, over the weekend, I decided to walk before I could run. I installed the Gingerbread (Android 2.3) keyboard, and enjoyed it so much I decided to upgrade my O/S to Gingerbread.
Some of you may be aware that Gingerbread is not officially available for the Gtab at the moment, so it is quite tricky and there are a number of steps involved in getting everything running correctly. Unfortunately, I didn't follow those steps involved (at least, not all of them), and so my Gtab is now running at below full capacity.

Basically I have managed to remove the Google APKs which make the device so handy...

I have lost the Android Marketplace app, and I can't sync my contacts or email with Google either. Also, those lovely bought apps (Pocket Informant, Taskos, Poweramp, etc.) are all unreachable.

I have spent a lot of time trying to right this, but with no success so far. Keep on keepin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment