Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Galaxy Tab - Borked II

So, another evening spent hunched over a laptop, frantically searching the web for any kind of clue...

I was thinking I might install another ROM, but realised that still wouldn't solve the GAPPS issue. So I have been mostly focused on getting a non-Market APK installer on to my laptop. Isn't that crazy? A day or two ago, if you'd asked me to describe what an APK installer does, I'd look at you blankly. But now I know the basics and that's just not enough.

I have, this morning, discovered a tutorial on the PDA Developers' website describing how to load up GAPPS through ADB (the Android Developer's Bridge, I think), which I am going to investigate further at lunchtime. I expect it will involve a number of downloads from dodgy sites, so will be blocked by our work firewall. So I'll be forced to leave it. But it will be on my mind all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment