Saturday, March 29, 2008

PMQs

So, I've discovered that I can watch BBC Parliament on the internet at work - which is a bit of a distraction (strangely, the Sun's website is firewalled...?). I watched PMQs on Wednesday and was disappointed at such an unedifying experience.
Cameron asked irrelevant questions which Brown did not answer. As PMQs is one of the highlights of the parliamentary week, you think they'd make more of an effort. If Brown had answered the questions rather than use them as a platform to list Labour's achievements, there might have been an actual discussion.
Cameron asked which other economy was raising taxes going into a recession? Brown could have questioned:
  • were we facing a recession?
  • were taxes being raised (at a macro level)?
  • why is it important what other economies are doing? How is that impacting the UK?
I'm not saying Labour or the Tories are right, I'd just like to see a real discussion...
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment