Sunday, March 16, 2008

Six Nations - End of

So, in the end England came second despite two (one and two halves) poor performances. The second half against Wales, the second half against Italy, and the whole match against Scotland. The team performed well against France & Ireland. It's disappointing that we couldn't achieve some consistency. For me, Nick Easter & Jamie Noon were the standout players of the tournament for England (it was funny that Cipriani thought he had been named "Man of the Match" yesterday...!). Ian Balshaw gets the "most room for improvent" award, although he gets that every time - perhaps it should be changed to the "out of my league"award - very fitting for union. Ho ho.
And I hope that now the calls for Ashton's head recede. In the last two competions, (WRC 07 & RBS6 08), England have been runners-up. That's not bad going. Winning would have been nice, but you can't please all the people all the time. It's a bit of an anti-climax really.
TTFN.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:40 am

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete