Saturday, May 20, 2023

23-05-20 - Saturday II - Fräulein @ Prince Albert, 26th April

Wow. I saw Fräulein at The Great Escape in 2022, and although I had already booked to see Ditz on Thursday 27th, when I saw that they were playing I had to book tickets. I went with Dave who loves a bit of live music, it’s always nice to introduce friends to new music. The Prince Albert is a small venue with a capacity for 110, so any gig there feels intimate. 
Fräulein are a rock duo, consisting of a male drummer and a female guitarist / singer, and they are really quite angsty. They remind me of Pixies, in a good way, and there were times during the evening where they cranked up the volume / emotion during songs and I found myself expecting them to go loud at that specific point, or agreeing that it made sense at that point, if that makes any sense. Maybe I was remembering their 2022 gig (at Zahara nightclub of all places!), but listening to them play felt like I had come home; although it was angst and noise and raw emotion it felt comfortable and warm.
I did ask if they were playing The 2023 Great Escape but I think they had other commitments  unfortunately. Safe to say though that I will be keeping an eye out for them visiting Brighton again, and I will be in the audience somewhere… I really liked them and hope they go on to bigger and better things. 

TTFN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment