Monday, September 20, 2021

21-09-20 - Monday I - Dementia Diaries III

Well, that was an interesting day. I think Mum went on strike, although I'm not quite certain. She was mithering about who was going to wash the sheets, so I took them down and put them in the washing machine, and when the cycle finished I was on the phone. She was bustling about, huffing about gettting the sheets hung out to dry. Well, I wasn't going to hang up on a fairly important call to hang sheets out, but once I had finished I went out to the garden. Mum was then nowhere to be seen...? 

I don't begrudge hanging the washing out; I find it weird though that she would think that takes priority over an ongoing phonecall but she's not prepared to actually hang out the sheets herself. The intricacies of the mind are a wonderful thing, but Mum was hardly predictable before her dementia diagnosis... And then she paid for tea and cake out later this afternoon, so I thought that I was back in her good books. As I say, an interesting day...

TTFN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment