Saturday, May 30, 2020

20-05-30 - Covid-19 Day #75 - I - Easing of Lockdown Restrictions

I’m losing track now. One thing that has been a big help is routine. I have been working through most of the lockdown so far, and it keeps things straight; I know what day of the week it is, and what meetings I have scheduled, and what work I’ve got to do. On the long weekends and over the Easter holiday, I managed to lose complete track of the days, and where I should be. Even now, once I go into weekend mode, it is much easier to relax than it was before the lockdown. I rarely think about work on Saturdays and Sundays. Is this how other people lived normally?
It looks like the lockdown as we know it is coming to an end. Unfortunately, Covid-19 is still out there, I don’t think the death rate and the new infection rate is as low as those in charge were hoping it would be. I for one am not looking forward to being released from these restrictions, and potentially facing a higher chance of catching the virus. No matter the change in guidance, it was important enough to lock down the economy and restrict us all to our homes (except Dominic Cummings, of course); that virus hasn’t gone away – people are still catching it and dying from it. So I don’t want to take advantage of any loosening of the lockdown restrictions, I will be more than happy to stay at home and not go out. I hope that cases don’t increase, and I will be keeping an eye on the daily briefing figures optimistically.
I’ve got a Pop Will Eat Itself gig to go to in October, and that will probably be the first time I properly leave the house – if I go. But live music concerts are not the sort of environment that supports social distancing – if anything, social distancing is positively frowned upon. I’m not sure it will go ahead.


TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment