Friday, May 15, 2020

20-05-15 - Covid-19 Day #60 - I - A Week of Watching Telly

This week I have mostly been watching telly. Well, that’s a fib; I’ve been working too, but I’ll remember it as a week of good telly.
Most recently we raced through Save Me Too, a brilliant drama on Sky Atlantic. We watched the first series a few years ago now and were really looking forward to another helping, and it didn’t disappoint. As gritty and bleak as the first series, the only thing that was missing for me were the strange goings-on in the background of some shots. I definitely recommend it, but you’ve got to have a strong stomach, and you’ve got to watch the first series first.
Before that, it was Breeders; again, on Sky. For me, the series started off slowly and actually I’m not sure the main characters (played by Martin Freeman and Daisy Haggard) were likeable. But as the episodes progressed I got more into it, and the ten episodes passed in a flash. There was a particularly touching moment in one of the episodes which I tweeted about and got some likes from Daisy Haggard herself and one of the writers, which I was quite pleased with.
On BBC2 there was Normal People, of course, which has taken the nation by storm. I loved it, as it seems, did everyone else; for me, it was the space and the quiet of the filming. As a friend mentioned, it was understated. Looking back on it, I think there was a going on which was implicit rather than explicit, which made a nice change.
And lastly, but not least, there was Feel Good, a TV show on C4 or All 4 starring Mae Martin. That was a show with a different feel, it was a bit offbeat and focused on addiction of all sorts. I enjoyed it and it also starred Charlotte Ritchie, who I recognised from Fresh Meat and Ghosts (which helped), as well as Phoebe from Friends – which was nice!
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment