Sunday, May 24, 2020

20-05-24 - Covid-19 Day #69 - I - Bank Holiday Weekend

I’ve started watching “How To Get Away With Murder”, which was a big hit a few years ago. Everyone seems very unlikeable though, so I’m not sure I’ll watch another series. Having said that, I’m only two thirds of the way through, and it may improve. I suppose it’ll end in a court case. I’d rather watch something like “The Good Wife” though, I think.
I watched “Jackie Brown” as well, finally. TW & I tried to watch it a number of years ago, when we had a weekend away in Tunbridge Wells, but unfortunately the DVD player in the room couldn’t play the DVD so we never saw it. TW was on the phone to friends, and I didn’t want to watch something else that we were watching together, so I started JB and quite enjoyed it. I didn’t realise how long the film was – 2 hours and 40 minutes! That’s a proper blockbuster…
Apart from that, I went to Tesco yesterday for the first time since the lockdown started, in order to do a big shop. With so few people in the store, it was quite a mellow experience. I spent quite a lot, but didn’t actually come home with much – except some houmous and Haribo. And some very nice non-alcoholic beers for me :-)
One thing I have noticed about this lockdown and working from home is that it is much easier to slip into relaxed “what day is it?” mode at the weekends and especially on long weekends. And this morning TY came down to breakfast thinking it was Monday, so it’s not just me – which is reassuring. With tomorrow being a bank holiday in the UK, I am looking forward to a completely structure-free day.
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment