Sunday, April 05, 2020

20-04-05 Sunday - Covid-19 Day #20 - Days Blur


We really are living through unprecedented times. It’s worth reminding ourselves of that every once in a while. We have never been restricted to our homes before in such a way, and never have people’s livelihoods been so disrupted as they have been over the last few weeks.

I’ve worked from home for three weeks now. The week before that I worked two days from home and was ill for a day and a half. Monday to Friday are okay, because they have a semblance of order. I attempt to work between 9am – 5pm; my laptop is on and I’m monitoring emails. But to be honest, email traffic is dwindling to a non-existent trickle. So work is much quieter than it would have been if we’d been in the office under normal conditions.

The weekends are a bit more difficult. Luckily there are five of us, so we have to get dressed and eat at normal times, and converse with each other. If I were self-employed and living on my own, I’d have fallen into a completely different rhythm by now, I’m sure.

One thing that is becoming a mainstay is a Marvel film in the evening. We’ve elected to watch the films in chronological order and last night we watched Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 2. They really are quite well done, all of them. We’ve watched 12 of the 23 which have been released so far. Black Widow was supposed to be released in May but that has been pushed back to November, which is probably a sensible move.

I spent today reordering my CD shelves, with the help of TMO. It’s been a job that needed to be done since TW moved them into the living room without paying attention to the order they were in – that was a while ago. And TMO’s help was much appreciated.



Tonight we’re looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment