Sunday, October 07, 2018

18-10-06 Sunday - A Month of Sundays

I love a Sunday. They are normally quite relaxed, and things tend to happen around me, if I manage it right. Today has been no exception. TW brought me a cup of tea in bed which was very pleasant – normally it’s the other way around. But then I wake up early and don’t like spending time in bed when I’m awake. So a cup of tea in bed for me is a rare occurrence.  

After enjoying my tea, I got up to have some breakfast, and made myself some toast with home-made marmalade. We have an Amazon Echo, and I asked Alexa to play some Cocteau Twins. None of the girls were up, so it was just me, my toast and the Cocteaus enjoying some early morning sun in the kitchen. What a pleasant way to spend time.  

Then it was time to pop to the Co-Op, since we’d run out of milk. Last week I managed to pick up a Mexican half a chicken on the bone, reduced from £4 to £2.40. I managed to get one again this week, as well as some southern fried chicken steaks and some chicken breasts, all reduced. And the milk, of course, which was what I went for in the first place.  

On a Sunday morning the girls normally play rugby and today was no exception, so we headed off to the rugby club. It was a lovely sunny morning, so it was a pleasure to stand around in the sunshine. Then once the practice session was underway, it was time to indulge in another guilty pleasure of mine – a sausage bap. The sausages they use at the club are delicious, and more so when smothered in a blend of brown sauce and English mustard. I was overcharged for my diet coke, but I let it slide – this time, at least.  

Back at home and Dad popped round for a cup of tea. He and Mum have just been on holiday in Cyprus, so it was good to see him and it was good to hear that they had a good time. Once he left, TW mowed the lawn in the back garden, and I pulled a few weeds. And now we’re on the countdown to Dr Who. It would be nice to have a relaxing beer, but I think if I had one, that might turn into several, and I don’t want to start the week with a hangover. It might be time to cook that Mexican chicken now... 

TTFN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment