Monday, May 02, 2016

Monday 16-05-02 Tory Irony

So we received this today, three days before the local elections...


So here is the funny thing about this for me...
It strikes me that they must have sat around, brainstorming, thinking how to get across the fact that, actually, the Tories aren't out of touch... I know! Let's call our local newsletter "In Touch"! That'll do it!
If there were any political party which one is likely to nominate as "out of touch", especially given recent pronouncements and defeats in the seat of power (the Houses of Parliament, both the Commons and the Lords), it would be the Tories. Both Labour and the Lib Dems, in my opinion, have a better public profile - when it comes to being "in touch" with the common people - than the Tories. So it strikes me as funny / odd that they would choose that phrase as the name of their publication. Still, I'm no PR guru...

And yes, those are my lovely comfy slippers which I have managed to include in the photograph. I don't feel like I'm properly at home and relaxed without my slippers on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment