Saturday, January 02, 2010

Unthinkable? England become the world's best cricketers



I've been thinking that with a run of luck and self-belief, England are on the way to a massive improvement. I don't think it'll be showy, and I don't think it'll be an even run. I think we'll probably suffer massive defeats and set backs, but we could get to mid-2011 and suddenly realise we're within touching distance of being (officially) the best team in the world. We'll look back and think 'how did we get here?', and we'll point to the South Africa ODI victories and the test victories as where we really started to gain momentum. Holding our own against the Aussies in the Ashes (ranked 3rd) and South Africa (ranked 2nd) is a pretty good platform for world domination.

Or could I be reading too much into a few fortunate results? ;-D

Posted via web from Rob Thorley's Posterous Site

No comments:

Post a Comment