Thursday, January 21, 2010

National TV Awards

What a travesty that was. I wasn't concentrating on the show 100%, which was probably for the best.
There were several things hideous about it, and I shall enumerate them here:
1. The venue. It was the O2 arena, if I'm not mistaken. It was too large, and bizarre.
2. The presenter. Dermot O'Leary, as much as I like him, couldn't pull it off. He needed to be 'bigger'.
3. The guests. Jedward. With Vanilla Ice. Normally that would be 'nuff said. But I feel I have to add that I have watched some of Vanilla Ice's recent performances on YouTube, and when he does that song, I get goosebumps. I would go and see Vanilla Ice to hear him perform that song. But now he's compromised himself (even more than he has already, you might say) and my nostalgic regard for The Iceman has turned to ambivalence.
4. The acceptance speeches. With the exception, of course, of Stephen Fry. That bloke off Corrie was excruciating, and D. Tennant was poor.

I played Wolfenstein instead.

- Posted using BlogPress on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment