Saturday, June 08, 2019

19-06-08 Saturday - Lou Sanders @ Komedia Brighton, Wednesday 5th June

Another date, another night out. TW and I had arranged to see Lou Sanders as one of my Christmas presents, so off to Brighton we went. I had originally booked to see Angela Barnes, but she changed her date to later in the year, and I had heard good things about Lou. She had been an interviewee on RHLSTP, and I think I’d also heard her on Pappy’s Flatshare Slamdown, so when I saw that she was playing the Komedia, I was keen to get tickets.

I met TW in Brighton, and we had a pre-show dinner at Bill’s. Because her birthday is imminent she had an offer of a free bottle of prosecco with dinner, which was nice, so we took advantage of that. I had a burger, of course (how very unadventurous of me) and TW had a Glow Bowl, which was basically a posh salad, but a healthy option. We shared some calamari to start. It was nice, it was a good way to relax after work, and it was great to spend time together out of the house.

When we’d finished, we still had some time before the show started so we adjourned to the Heart and Hand, where TW had a gin and I had a pint of Toast, which grew on me. At first I didn’t like the aftertaste, but by the time I made my way to the bottom of the glass, I quite enjoyed it.

Then we headed into the show, and Adam Hess was the warm up act. I’ve seen him before, he’s very funny and appears to be quite scatterbrained and breathless, like it’s all unplanned. Maybe it is, but whichever, it was enjoyable. Then we had a short break, and Lou was on.

She was very funny, I really enjoyed her show. I think it was the last time she was performing “Shame Pig” - at least, that’s what she said. There were a couple of different stories she told, and she hung them together through the theme of shame. TW and I were both laughing, and it was a good night out. I’d certainly go and see her again, and was glad that I’d taken a punt on going to see her.

We got home relatively early, and hit the hay. Another great time had.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment