Tuesday, January 01, 2019

19-01-01 Tuesday - Happy New Year!

Last night was the last party for some time. Which is a good thing, because I’m all partied out. We’ve had celebrations before Christmas, over Christmas, and then after Christmas; specifically, we’ve been drinking on Friday 28th, Saturday 29th, Sunday 30th and now New Year’s Eve. It’s time for a rest.  
It may be a month-long rest, or it may be shorter. I’ve been considering whether or not to participate in Dry January, which may seem like a good idea now, while I am mildly hungover, but it may not be so clever on a cold Tuesday in a couple of weeks’ time. I’ve been given some whisky for my birthday, and some rum for Christmas, so I’ve got all the tools I need to not have a dry January, in case I decide to go that way.  There are also a few bottles of wine and prosecco which will need tidying away, and I'm not sure that they will hang around for 30 days.  
Resolutions that I have decided on for 2019 include:  
  • read more often: I get Private Eye delivered and I don’t read it instantly. I need to do something about that. I also have a load of books I should actually read and learn from. And, of course, I have a bookcase full of comics which I need to get to grips with.  
  • cook more often: I should be more confident in the kitchen. I may start off heating up chicken steaks or pork loins, for instance, but I’d like to add some value to the food I make for the family. I think I should cook once a week and demystify cookery and baking.  

I’ll need to revisit these in a couple of months and see how I’m getting along 🙂 
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment