Tuesday, June 26, 2018

18-06-26 Tuesday Anker Bluetooth Headphones - R.I.P.

Last week my Anker bluetooth headphones gave up the ghost. I’d had them for about eight months, since last October, and I quite liked them. They lasted quite a long time in between charges, they were comfy to wear, and I used them lightly, wearing them during my commute to work, so walking and sitting down, mostly.  

I don’t think they should have broken, and actually I am slightly disappointed. They were advertised as being “sports” earphones, but I only ever wore them three times while running.  

dead headphones

God knows how much more quickly they would have fallen apart if I had actually been using them for their intended purpose.  

And then I think about the fact that the signal used to break up if I turned my head (e.g., while I was crossing the road), or if I otherwise blocked the signal between my pocket and my ears.  

Luckily, my phone came with a set of headphones, so now I’m using them. The phone doesn’t have a 3.5mm jack, but the headphones have a USB-C connector, which is nice. So now I don’t have to charge my earphones and because they are wired, I get uninterrupted signal from them even when I am turning my head and moving about.  

So all told, actually I’m probably better off now, having broken those wireless Anker headphones than I was before. Funny how things turn out, isn’t it? 

TTFN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment