Sunday, June 10, 2018

18-06-10 Fleabag in Brighton

Last night we went to see Fleabag at The Old Market. It was brilliant; a one-woman show completely different from the TV show. It helped that it wasn't Phoebe Waller-Bridge, but it didn't help that we'd watched the first episode again on Friday night. But Maddie Rice was brilliant and she kept us all in thrall for the entire play.  

Friends came with us, which was nice, and we went for a couple of drinks afterwards. We (TW, Ty and myself) had been out for drinks beforehand, at Brewdog. I'd stayed on the Dead Pony Club, a 3.8% session beer, kind of, because I didn't want to be a drunken buffoon in the theatre. As it was, there were quite a few of those anyway, so I needn't have worried. I bailed and caught the 11 o'clock train home, but TW and Ty stayed in Brighton at The Green Door Store and then Casablanca's. They caught a taxi home and suffered more than I did this morning... 

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment