Friday, March 09, 2018

Friday 18-03-09 Friday Night - The End of the Week

Here we are then, Friday night. The girls are upstairs applying make-up to each other, by the sounds of it, and I am down here with my trusty laptop and a glass of orange juice & lemonade. It is full fat lemonade, mind; none of that diet stuff for me.

This week has whizzed by in a flash. Not much has really happened, except that I got a crick in my neck which gave me a couple of really bad nights’ sleep on Wednesday and Thursday. I was going to go to a class at the gym on Wednesday night, but really didn’t think it was appropriate. TW did suggest I go for a steam and sauna instead, which would have been nice, but by the time Wednesday night rolled around I was really quite tired and so didn’t even manage to get around to that.

The rest of the week was mostly taken up with watching catch-up TV: TW and I steamed through the second series of “Delicious” which was on Sky One, starring Dawn French and Emilia Fox. It was only a four-parter, but it was good. While TW was away last weekend I did finish watching the second series of “The Expanse” as well last weekend, and I am looking forward to more of the same. It’s excellent stuff; just the right mix of drama and sci-fi. I started watching the new Star Trek series on Netflix, but since I’d had a few drinks I’ll probably benefit from watching it again.

This weekend I shall mostly be following the Six Nations, and I’m looking forward to getting back to it. A bit of Body Balance in the morning, and then spectating in the afternoon is just what the doctor ordered. Sunday, of course, is Mother’s Day, so Mum and Dad are coming over for lunch – which will be nice.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment