Saturday, November 26, 2016

Saturday 16-11-26 Black Friday

So yesterday was Black Friday. We've not yet imported Thanksgiving into the UK, I don't think we're quite ready for a second turkey-based celebration. But we have imported the celebration of consumerism which is Black Friday, it's kind of Thanksgiving's boxing day. Normally Amazon and Asda use the occasion to sell off their ageing inventories at knockdown prices and try to make it look like they are doing us a favour.
Having said that, a couple of years ago I did buy an Acer Aspire E-15 for a knockdown price off the Tesco website, and to be honest I still don't think I've seen it as cheap, even the newer models.
Yesterday and for the previous few days Amazon have been advertising the Amazon Fire tablet for £29.99 instead of £49.99, which is actually quite a good deal, as far as I can see. £30 for a new and current tablet is very enticing, and it's probably less than I would spend on a big night out. But I managed to restrain myself, and I kept my wallet closed.
I did have a moment of weakness though, and I did buy a tablet. I was browsing eBay and found a tablet which was being sold for spares or repair, and the highest bid was £5. I put in a bid of £7.25, and watched the clock tick down. No-one outbid me, and so it was mine. With the £3p&p, I spent a total of £10.25. I'm kind of hoping that I will be able to repair / reset it, and then I will be able to re-sell it, either on eBay or maybe to CEX or something. Or it can join the hordes of tablets we already own - although I have been trying to rationalise.
I am looking forward to taking delivery of it, and seeing what I can do with it. There may be a further update in the next week or so. Until next time, have a good weekend!
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment