Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Wednesday 16-10-26 Paddy II

Last night I placed a number of bets on a few football games. I didn't think I did that well, but looking at my account, I did okay. With PaddyPower the minimum withdrawal amount is £10, I think, and my aim is to stay above that, or reach that, so that I can take my cash out when I want.
Currently I am floating slightly below that, I'm above £9 but not quite at the £10 mark. So I chose a few (what looked to be) low risk wagers last night to try and boost my pot.
The first bet of the night was on Motherwell U20s to win against Ross County U20s. I know, I didn't realise you could bet on the Scottish Under 20 league either. Motherwell were favourite to win at 11/10, but there was no score for ages. Then there was an own goal at 60 mins by Ross County, and Motherwell went ahead. The cash out value had jumped to 15p, so I took it and that was the first win of the night. It was a good choice, because Ross County scored again, but at the right end, and the match ended 1-1.
I also bet on Aswan FC to beat El Entag El Harby, at 21/10. Aswan went ahead after 28 minutes and again I cashed out to take 18p on a 10p bet. Again, that was lucky because thanks to a penalty in the last few minutes of the game it ended in a draw. I feel an affinity with Egyptian football because I did live in Cairo for several months back when I was 20.
Trapani (Italy Serie B) were good to me, but Deportivo Espanol (Argentinian Primera B Metro) weren't. Altrincham (English National League North) unfortunately lost against Bradford Park Avenue but Hitchin Town (English Souther Premier League) won away to King's Lynn, netting me 27p.
The bet I am proudest of though is backing Leeds against Norwich, in the English Football League Cup. I put 15p on Leeds to progress to the next round, at evens. Norwich went ahead but Leeds fought back and the game ended in a draw. Then in extra time each team scored again, meaning that the game went to penalties. Leeds finally triumphed, and I had an extra 15p, in addition to my original stake of 15p.

Overall I placed nine bets worth £1.03 and my returns were £1.18. I know it's small potatoes to most people, but it keeps me interested.

Upcoming bets are: Man City to progress to the next round in the EFL Cup against Man Utd (evens), especially after how badly Man U performed against Chelsea last Saturday, and England to win the seccond test against Bangladesh (4/5), which starts on Friday. I have also, for some inexplicable reason, put some money on InterMilan to beat Torino this evening at odds of 10/11. If those all come in then I shall be at £9.86, and close to that £10 target...

No comments:

Post a Comment