Saturday, October 18, 2014

An Afternoon of Rugby

So today we've not had any social plans, which has been nice. I had to go to Asda to replace a toaster, but after that, I've been able to watch some rugby. Earlier it was Sale Sharks vs. Munster, and it looked like Sale had it sewn up. But you can never discount Munster and they pulled themselves back into the game in the second half. Eventually they ended up winning by one point, with a dropgoal in the 81st minute. I really thought Sale had done enough to get through, but unfortunately not - what a gripping game!
After that, there were highlights of the Bleddisloe Cup, Australia vs. New Zealand. Again, as expected, it was an exhilarating game. New Zealand played close to the wind as they always do, but Australia matched them early doors and were ten points up at one stage. Then in the second half one of the Kiwis was sin-binned, but incredibly New Zealand upped the pace and forced the score. Then as we hit the 80 minute mark, New Zealand were in possession but six points behind. They managed to get the try and the extras, robbing Australia of the bragging rights. Again, it was a brilliant game and reminded me why I watch rugby.
There is a third match today, Northampton Saints vs. Racing Metro, but I'm not sure I will be able to watch it in full. Let's give it a go though...

No comments:

Post a Comment