Monday, September 12, 2011

A Taster of Single Parenting

So, I am just coming to the end of my five-day stint as a single parent. TW returns tonight from her long weekend in Spain. I'm glad she felt able to go, and I think I've done okay looking after the girls.
I've dropped them off at school on time, and picked them up (more importantly). I've taken them to their swimming lessons. I did get a bit distracted this morning by a computer challenge (thanks, MiL!), so the youngest was late to the father and toddler session today, butt they've been fed, and not shouted at, and washed, so I'm just about coping. I've managed to stay on top of the washing-up, which has been okay. The washing (bedsheets and clothes), on the other hand, has been a challenge, but we haven't had a washing line to hang stuff out on, and the weather has been miserable anyway.
But I don't think I could do it full-time. The demands of three daughters on one adult, full-time, is just too much. Plus there is no reassurance, feedback that you're doing the right thing. I think that's the benefit in parenting as a couple.

I can't to get back to work tomorrow, for a rest if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment