Saturday, October 09, 2010

Mudhoney

You probably know by now, I managed to check out Mudhoney at Concorde II in Brighton, on Tues 5th October 2010. When I checked the Concorde website and saw tickets were still available, I knew I had to go.

They rocked.

Seriously, from the first strum of the guitars, from the first beat of the drums, they were on the money. They tapped in to a visceral, raw groove which got my attention. They had a take on rock n' roll which pulled me in, even though they were playing tunes I don't think I'd heard before. Of course I recognised "Touch Me I'm Sick", and I identified "Sweet Young Thing (Ain't Sweet No More)" as the lyrics were pretty clear. The rest was a joyous rock noise which I loved.

I probably had one or two beers too many, and the McDonalds meal probably didn't help, but I was feeling a bit dicky by the end. I was glad to get home. Maybe I'm getting too old for this...

I can still track down some Mudhoney back-catalogue, though, and enjoy it in the comfortable surroundings of the dining room, or more likely my Sennheisers on the way to work (!).

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment