Monday, July 12, 2010

A Good Weekend

So, heading back to work on a grey & dull Monday a.m. But we had a good weekend.
I left a bit early on Friday, about 15:45, and TW picked me up at Worthing. We drove around aimlessly for a bit, and got home about 17:00. I went to meet M & P to see what needed watering on the allotment. Bought some wine on the way home, and that was Friday.
On Saturday we went to Lindfield school fair, so that TW could sell her wares, and so that we could see A & A and their brood. 'Twas a lovely day, TW did okay, and we came home at about three-ish. She wanted to go for a dip in the sea, so called I & H. H was up for it, so I stayed with I and our combined brood and played in the paddling pool.

Can I just say that, on probably the hottest & sunniest day of the year, none of the kids got sunburn? I'm quite pleased about that.

Then we drank loads and had a BBQ at I & H's. We walked home and drank some more.

I had a lie-in on Sunday morning, but was still hungover. We watched a bit of Cricket Writers on TV (thank you Sky!) and then picked up the car. After lunch we went swimming, where [the youngest] loved it. First off, she couldn't hold on tightly enough, but once she was used to it, she was squirming out of our arms, trying to get into the water by herself !
I watered the allotment and then TW had a massage. By the time she got home I was nearly asleep, so that was bedtime.


- Posted using BlogPress on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment