Saturday, February 02, 2008

New Year's Resolutions & Diets

So, I'm managing to keep up my prolific posting in 2008 (not)...
One thing I have started doing is counting the calories. TW is on a Rosemary Conley diet, and I am also cutting down on my intake. I reckon, according to the BMI scale of things, I could do with losing a stone and a half. So mostly, apart from not eating crisps at work, this has meant less booze.
Where I would normally have a bottle of wine per night, I now have a measure of malt whisky (35ml, of course), and a bottle of wine at the weekend will last me two nights. In the first week I had 16 and 1/2 units, and this week I'm on course for 18. Which is quite a reduction from the 35 - 40 that I was getting through.
This week I only lost 1lb, but we're staying on the diet until July at least, so if I lose 1lb a week every week, I should hit my target weight. And then TW will have hit her target so we'll be trying for a third child after that.
I have a soft spot for Extra Strong Mints, normally eating a packet a day in work. I didn't realise, until yesterday, that there are 200 calories in a packet! So I'm going to have to find a calorie-free alternative.
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment