Thursday, January 20, 2022

22-01-20 - Thursday I - What To Do?

Well, this is weird. I'm now back at home and a professional carer is looking after Mum. Last time Mum had a carer, which was late August last year, the carer only lasted two or three days, so I am sitting here half expecting a phone call informing me that the situation is not sustainable and that the carer is leaving. In addition, for the last five months my primary concern has been Mum and her welfare, and it's a novel sensation  to sit here and realise that Mum doesn't have to be the first thing I think about any more. I can read a book, or browse Private Eye and not be distracted by worrying what Mum is up to or whether she is bored. 

The thing is, I'm not sure yet what I want to do. There are a number of back issues of PE that I need to catch up on, as well as a number of podcasts that I've neglected. I've been out for my first run of the year. I will probably take the dog for a walk later this afternoon. And I'd like to keep the house tidy, to an extent. I will also look to go to back to work earlier than expected - I had targeted April 1st, but I don't think I need that much time. It will be good to have *some time* to decompress and get used to life as it was and should be, but I won't need two and a half months, I think. Although we are planning to move house soon, so some time to manage / help out with that will be useful. 

If the carer works out she'll be staying with Mum for twelve weeks, which would take us up to 11th April or so. I am hoping that by then my staying here and Mum being looked after elsewhere will seem normal; I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes. 

TTFN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment