Tuesday, May 18, 2021

21-05-18 Tuesday I - All Jabbed Up

I'm dropping the Covid day count from my posts, for several reasons. Covid isn't over by any stretch of the imagination; ask the Indian population. But we are relaxing lockdown rules here, pubs and restaurants are now open so that people can eat and drink inside, and with the elderly and vulnerable population in the UK vaccinated, I don't think we'll see another lockdown. Maybe famous last words...?
I received my second jab the other day, on Saturday. This time around there were no side effects which was a bit disappointing tbh. I'd been looking forward to a day of feeling a bit fluey, sitting on the sofa and being brought treats. Instead I ferried TE to and fro from rugby and baby sitting as per usual.
From my perspective this is just something that we're going to have to live with from now on. We'll all get annual Covid jabs alongside our flu jabs, and we'll carry on our lives as normal. Come June when we give up social distancing and stop wearing masks, it'll seem, in the UK at least, like some weird dream. People will reminisce about the year we spent locked in our homes, away from friends and loved ones. Those memories will fuel chats in sunny pub gardens on summer afternoons as people start to get back to normal. But you might find people walking their hands slightly more often, or sitting further back from their friends (just slightly) than they would have done two summers ago...

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment