Friday, November 03, 2017

Friday 17-11-03 I Taking the Colour out of the Action Launcher Search Box

I love using the Action Launcher on my Android phone. But one thing has been nagging at me for a while now, and that was the colourised search bar. It stood out like a sore thumb and more often than not disrupted my homescreen:



I finally worked it out this morning. After nearly tweeting at Chris Lacy, the Action Launcher Dev, I thought to myself that there must be a way to do it. So I went into the launcher settings yet again and looked at the Quickbar settings, below:



Tapping on "search logo" at the bottom brought up the following menu:



Where I was able to choose the "no colour" option.

Finally! As I mentioned, this had been bugging me for weeks! And following the same logic I was able to decolourise the voice search icon as well:



And above we see the final result. The search box is aligned with the time widget and in my eyes the overall effect is nicer.

So that's my win for today.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment