Monday, September 26, 2016

Sunday 16-09-25

Yesterday I spent most of the day nursing a hangover. We were at a house party on Saturday, raising money for Macmillan cancer support, and I drank more than I should have done. I am okay when drinking at home, because I can keep a track of how much I have had, but when I am out and people keep on topping up my glass I tend to lose track and end up overdoing it. At least, that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I had listed a bureau on eBay and it had sold, the auction finished on Saturday. Obviously, because it was a heavy bit of furniture, I advertised it as "collection only", and I was surprised to find that the woman who bought it was coming all the way from Portsmouth. She came and picked it up at midday, and as it turned out she was combining the collection with other errands, so it all turned out well.
TW & I were talking and we couldn't remember where we got the bureau from, nor whether we paid for it. So the £21 we got for it was a welcome bonus. And as it is near the end of the month, the cash injection was most welcome. I'd like to think that we are in a decluttering phase, but I think that there is still more stuff coming into the house than leaving it. Especially comics...
Later on, I packed up twelve comics - two mini-series of six issues each, which I did quite well on. Considering I sold one set as used, I only "lost" £2.30, or looking at it differently, it only cost me that much to read them. The other set I sold as new, since I had only opened them in order to board them, and I actually made a few pounds on them, I sold them for more than I paid for them. Which doesn't happen very often, so that was nice. I don't trade in comics to make money, but I have a bookcase full upstairs, as well as a number of boxes around, and they are now starting to spill out onto the floor. My intention is to read them and get rid; I've got several hundred pounds tied up in those comics and it would be nice to realise a portion of that, as well as make some space in the house. Those comics were posted this morning.
I've started reading Fight Club #2 by Chuck Palahniuk, which is in comic book format. It's a ten issue run, and some of the artwork is just stunning. The story is a bit weird to start with, and it is a bit confusing when Tyler Durden re-emerges, and Sebastian is also in the frame, since I thought they were the same person, but I might need to revisit the story to see exactly where my confusion is... I shall try to sell that as well, when I've finished it, and if I can stay focused, that should be by the end of the week. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment