Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mad Domestic Skillz

So yesterday I spent the day with Daughter #1 while TW took Daughters #2 & #3 to Petworth House. We went on a bike ride to see M&P, as they wanted to install Skype and needed some reassurance from me. Dad also sorted out my bike tyres. Then we cycled to Sea Lane Cafe and had an overpriced slice of banoffee pie and some Millionaire Shortbread for the heiress.
TW took an age at Petworth, so I popped to the Co-Op and bought dinner. I cooked sausage and mash for the girls and chilli con carne for the adults.

I wouldn't make a song and dance about it, but we live a very traditional lifestyle; TW does the cooking and I earn the cash. So for me to cook two meals in one evening is a bit of a special occasion. And of course I tidied as I went, so the place was tidy at the end as well - result!
And then TW went to work this morning, so I've cooked breakfast, fried egg and bacon sandwiches, and washed up too.

Now all I need to do is put on a load of washing, and I will be King of the Domestic Chores...

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment