Saturday, December 04, 2010

Ashes 2010/11 Post #1

Ah, the Ashes is back. Hurrah. Sky Sports reinstalled. Late nights and early mornings beckon, as the contest is taking place on the other side of the world, in Australia, where they do everything vice versa.

Imagine having your day during night-time, or summer during winter. Imagine celebrating Christmas D with a barbecue on the beach in glorious sunshine. Imagine having the water go around the plughole the wrong way as it drains away.

Okay - that last one not so mind-bending.

D'you know what, I can't stay up late and get up early and function normally any more. It's now almost the start of Day 3 of Test #2, and I'm seriously contemplating going to bed. I was 39 on Wednesday. And I've got the girls to look after all day tomorrow - although we are going to M&P's for Pa's birthday lunch.

Besides, England seem to do better when I'm not watching. And I've got a bet on England to win. So, I might leave them to it. But well done for keeping the English end up to this point! Betting on an England win has now shortened from 13-8 to 11-10. And if the bookies are changing their minds, England are on to a good thing.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment