Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Winning The Lottery

What would you do if you won the Lottery?

That's a question TW often asks, and it's probably one of her family'sfavourite topics of conversation. She'd probably be a very good Lotto winner, spending lavishly but sensibly, not frittering it away.

We could always do with more cash - it would be nice not to worry about how much is left in the bank from the 5th of the month onwards - but it seems to me we're in a constant state of anticipation, waiting for The Next Big Thing.

I'm probably more guilty of this than most; I'm an unashamed neophile. I love The New. At work we are moving from Lotus Notes to Outlook, and I can't wait. A New Toy to play with! What amazing new opportunities will it provide? I'm also applying for a six month secondment as a Project Manager - that'll be another New Thing, if I'm successful. I'll be working in a New team, with New people, on New issues. How delightful! And then, after six months, I can take my Newly-learnt skills back to my old role and look at it anew - I'm trembling with anticipation!
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment