Monday, November 18, 2013

Thinking About My Eldest Daughter

So, here's a thing: I get frustrated *a lot* by my eldest daughter. Much more so than by my other daughters, even if they do the same things. So I got to thinking why that might be.

My eldest is quite mature for an eight-year old; that might sound strange, but all her friends are older than her, so even though she is the eldest of her sisters she has role models to emulate. And she is quite tall as well - taller than some twelve year olds in the street.

So I think it boils down to this:- I think my eldest daughter is older than she actually is. I need to remember that next time (and the time after that) she does something childish... She is actually a child. So it's to be expected, and these things happen and should be used as an opportunity to teach her how grown-ups handle situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment